Tuesday, October 8, 2013

GENERAL CONF

So there's a cat sitting in my lap right now so excuse my off typing....
First of all...CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING! I received revelation from almost every single talk! Remember when Jeffrey R. Holland made that appendicitis reference? I hung my head in shame...Ha ha. Too funny. So many good talks. 
So about the quantity not quality comment that I made. Still a problem. The work is awesome! Our district is in the top right now! I teach a lot. I have a lot of baptismal dates...but I still don't feel like they're ready... I didn't come out here to be in the top companionships, or to have high key indicators, or even to baptize people! I came out here to help people make a true and everlasting change...a true conversion to the gospel. It's cool that we have lots of baptismal dates, but the thought of them being baptized without understanding and then falling away really upsets me. I don't know. I just love being a missionary though. :) This work is truly amazing. Is it terrible of me to say that I never want to go home? Ha! 
Okay so Autumn wasn't on a bike and I really feel like y'all should get a taste of what it's like...First of all, it's like...immodest. I try to clip my skirt together but it eventually comes undone...then I have awkward hair clips on my skirt flapping in the wind....and I'm immodest anyway... My hair is always lovely...the trick is to put a chastity pamphlet in your helmet to keep your hair from going cray cray...But really, you just sweat so much in the Texas heat that there's really no point in trying...Then being female and having a purse always makes it a little more interesting! Then when we show up on people's doorsteps, you're covered in sweat and mud and wearing a skirt... It really is the greatest. :) It's ALWAYS an adventure. I really do love it.
We have an investigator who has lots of cats...I counted 17 in the room. Gross.
This lady thought we were nuns...Then this guy thought I had been in prison...I'm getting whiplash here peeps.
Nother awkward story...A guy that I kinda/sorta dated in college use to serve in this same area three years ago. His name is all over my desk and in the area book and basically all over. I even saw it in a member's home. It's really awko taco. Heh.
Someday I promise I'll be more spiritual in my updates. :) Just know that I love this so much and I have learned so much and I witness miracles every single day. God is truly aware of us.
Love,
Sister Barnes
 
FORT WORTH!
The Library's kitty in my lap right now. Heh. I. Love. Texas. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment