Monday, October 21, 2013

wowza.

So crazy week. CRAZY past couple of days! First of all...kind of cool. There's an elder in my district who's deaf and he is by far da coolest. It's always fun to try to learn words in American Sign Language so I can communicate. It's amazing to see the army that God has. :) Also, a general authority and his wife came and spoke with us! But the cool part is that they both speak Spanish so we had a sister and an elder from our mission translating for us. Loved it. Received much revelation and it was very inspiring.
Soooo....President obviously called y'all. SURPRISE! So I've been pretty sick right? it started like six months ago right? Well I really didn't want to go home...and I felt like kind of a little better. So I took advantage of that and ran with it. I also stopped communicating to the doctors and Sister Ames. It was great. Missionary work was soaring! I was loving it. :) But I progressively was getting worse again. A few times I had experiences where I had the impression that I needed to go home so I could get better...But of course I shook them off! They were so subtle and it definitely is not what I wanted to do. I had it again during General Conference...shook it off. Then this past Sunday. The impression came so strong, so clearly...I know it wasn't me. But I had the feeling..."It's time." It came three times. I couldn't fight this one because it so distinctly was from God. So I talked to Doctor Rose to see what his thoughts were. He also told me it was time to go home for a little while until they can figure this out...then I can come back as soon as I recover! He also prescribed me some new medication until that time. So the next day, we were doing service and I had a really negative reaction to the medication. I will have to tell you about it later...but it was just not fun. But I've been worse ever since...so Doctor Rose doesn't think it was the prescriptions. It will be nice to find some answers! :)
At this point, I am at peace with going home because I know this is what God wants for me at this time. Also, I know I will be a more effective missionary when I feel normal again. I'm just anxious to get feeling better! :) I plan on coming back out as soon as health allows!
I love y'all so much!
Love,
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment